***Please note*** : The information here pertains to an older version (v2.5.2) of DIFFPREP.
DIFF_PREP is software programmed in IDL meant for pre-processing of diffusion weighted images. It includes:
- Image import and computation of B-matrix from gradient tables
- Motion and eddy current distortion correction with B-matrix reorientation 2
- B0 susceptibility induced EPI distortion correction 3
- Reorientation of the DWIs into a target space with B-matrix reorientation 3
Provided below are links for a software guide including a detailed user's manual, and a short guide on recommended steps after pre-processing is complete.
If you use our software in your research, the algorithms listed above have been published elsewhere. Downloadable pdf copies of the articles are available by clicking the pdf links. Please cite the appropriate references in your work. A general reference for TORTOISE is shown below 1.
To access the Software Guide click here
- C. Pierpaoli, L. Walker, M. O. Irfanoglu, A. Barnett, P. Basser, L-C. Chang, C. Koay, S. Pajevic, G. Rohde, J. Sarlls, and M. Wu, 2010, TORTOISE: an integrated software package for processing of diffusion MRI data, ISMRM 18th annual meeting, Stockholm, Sweden, #1597 pdf
- Rohde, G.K., Barnett, A.S., Basser, P.J., Marenco, S., and Pierpaoli, C. (2004) Comprehensive approach for correction of motion and distortion in diffusion-weighted MRI. Magn Reson Med. 51:103-114 pdf
- Wu, M., Chang, L.-C., Walker, L., Lemaitre, H., Barnett, A.S., Marenco, S., and Pierpaoli, C. (2008) Comparison of EPI Distortion Correction Methods in Diffusion Tensor MRI Using a Novel Framework. MICCAI 2008, Part II, LNCS 5242, pp. 321-329 pdf