- Mitra, M.S.; Wang, X. (postbac author) and Banerjee, A. “An improved strategy for fluorescent tagging of membrane proteins for overexpression and purification in mammalian cells.” Biochemistry, 2018, 57, 6741-6751.
- Lee, C.; Mitra, M.S. and Banerjee, A. “In vitro reconstitution of Wnt acylation reveals structural determinants of substrate recognition by the acyltransferase human Porcupine.” J. Biol. Chem., 2019, 294, 231-245.
- Mitra, M.S.; Lee, C. and Banerjee, A. “The molecular mechanism of DHHC protein acyltransferases.” Biochem. Soc. Trans., 2018, 47, 157-167.
Rana, M.S.*; Kumar, P.*; Lee, C.J.; Verardi,R.; Rajashankar,K.R. and Banerjee, A. “Fatty acyl recognition and transfer by an integral membrane S-acyltransferase.” Science, 2018, 359, eaao6326. (* denotes equal contribution)
- Christenson, E.T.; Gallegos, A.S.(postbac author) and Banerjee, A. “In vitro reconstitution, functional dissection and mutational analysis of metal ion transport by Mitoferrin-1. ” J. Biol. Chem., 2018, Epub ahead of print.
Verardi, R.; Kim, J.S. and Banerjee, A. “Structural Basis for Substrate Recognition by the Ankyrin Repeat Domain of Human DHHC17 Palmitoyltransferase.” Structure, 2017, 25, 1337-1347.
Graduate and post doctoral research -
Banerjee, A.; Campbell, E.; MacKinnon, A. and MacKinnon, R. “Structural basis of K+ channel block by a toxin from scorpion venom. ”Elife, 2013, 2:e00594.
- Qi, Y.; Spong, M. C.; Banerjee, A. and Verdine, G. L. “Strandwise translocation of a DNA glycosylase along undamaged DNA during the search for lesions. ” PNAS, 2012, 109, 1086-1091.
Lee, S.Y.*; Banerjee, A.* and MacKinnon, R. “Two separate interfaces between the voltage sensor and pore are required for the function of voltage-dependent K(+) channels. ” PLoS Biol., 2009, 7, e47. (* denotes equal contribution)
Qi, Y.*; Spong, M. C.*; Nam, K.*; Banerjee, A.*; Jiralerspong, S.; Karplus, M. and Verdine, G. L. “Encounter, detection and extrusion of an intrahelical DNA lesion by a base-excision DNA repair enzyme. ” Nature, 2009, 462, 762-766. (* denotes equal contribution)
Banerjee, A. and MacKinnon, R. “Inferred Motions of the S3a Helix during Voltage-Dependent K(+) Channel Gating. ” J. Mol. Biol., 2008, 381, 569-580.
Radom, C.; Banerjee, A. and Verdine, G. L. “Structural characterization of human 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase variants bearing active site mutations. ” J. Biol. Chem., 2006, 282, 9182-9194.
Banerjee, A. and Verdine, G. L. “A nucleobase lesion remodels the interaction of its normal neighbor in a DNA glycosylase complex. ” PNAS, 2006, 103,15020-15025.
Blainey, P.C.; van Oijen.; A. M.; Banerjee, A.; Verdine, G. L and Xie, X. S. “A base-excision DNA-repair protein finds intrahelical lesion bases by fast sliding in contact with DNA. ” PNAS, 2006, 103,5752-5757.
Banerjee, A.; Santos, W. L. and Verdine, G. L. “Structure of a DNA glycosylase searching for lesions. ” Science, 2006, 311, 1153-1157.
Banerjee, A.; Yang, W.; Karplus, M. and Verdine , G. L. “Disulfide trapping of a repair enzyme interrogating undamaged DNA elucidates recognition of damaged DNA. ” Nature, 2005, 434, 612-618.
Fromme, J. C.; Banerjee, A. and Verdine, G. L. “DNA glycosylase recognition and catalysis. ” Cur. Opin. Struct. Biol., 2004, 14, 43-49.
Fromme, J. C.; Banerjee, A.; Huang, S. and Verdine, G. L. “Structural basis for removal of adenine mispaired with 8-oxoguanine by MutY adenine DNA glycosylase. ” Nature, 2004, 427, 652-656.
Pal, D.; Mahapatra, P.; Manna, T.; Chakrabarti, P.; Bhattacharyya, B.; Banerjee, A.; Basu, G. and Roy S. “Conformational properties of alpha-tubulin tail peptide: implications for tail-body interaction. ” Biochemistry, 2001, 40, 15512-15519.
Pubmed Author search: All publications