A message from the LAB Challenge Working Group
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is pleased to announce the Lessons About Bioscience Challenge, 2011-2012, which began June 8, 2011. We're asking individuals, groups, and organizations to submit procedures for the best health and life science related experiments for grades K-12 classrooms. Entries must relate to the NIH mission and use inexpensive, easily accessible materials. The submission deadline is December 1, 2011.
Winning submitters will receive an exclusive NIH LAB Challenge electronic badge and be featured online and in print in our NIH Best Experiments publication.
Please help us bring cool experiments into the classroom so everyone can enjoy doing science! Your organization could get involved in the following ways:
- Visit the LAB Challenge Web sites at http://LAB.challenge.gov or http://science.education.nih.gov/NIHLABChallenge.nsf for details.
- Distribute information about the challenge to others by sharing the Challenge link, http://LAB.challenge.gov.
- Download and distribute the challenge flyer from http://science.education.nih.gov/NIHLABChallenge.nsf.
- Organize a group to participate! Entry instructions are at http://LAB.challenge.gov.
- Highlight the challenge on your Web site.
- Tweet about it through your Twitter account.
- Announce the K-12 Lessons About Bioscience Challenge on your Facebook page.
- Follow challenge tweets under #labchallenge @NIHSciEd.
Save the Date!
Friday, September 2, 9-11
Speaking about Science Workshop with Scott Morgan. Sign up with Brenda Hanning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, September 26th, 11-1
Job Interviewing workshop—perfect preparation for individuals who will be looking for employment in the coming year. Gain a competitive advantage by learning how to present yourself well!
Call for retreat Steering Committee participants
Would you like to gain administrative skills or event planning experience? If you answered yes, you may want to consider serving on the Steering Committee for the NICHD annual retreat, to take place May 2012. Please contact Brenda Hanning at email@example.com for more information.