In the September FelCom meeting, the Mom-Dad-Docs community was advertised by the Childcare Board Liaison. This group meets monthly to provide support for and to discuss issues faced by scientist parents (postdocs, clinical fellows, graduate students). Consider joining their listserv (email@example.com) and their events are always listed on the OITE’s upcoming events page.
If you live in (or are very familiar with) the Baltimore area, and you are community driven or looking for opportunities to contribute to society, the FelCom Service and Outreach subcommittee is looking to recruit a Baltimore co-chair. Contact Dr. Zelia Worman (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Speaking of contributing to society, the Service and Outreach subcommittee is organizing a tree planting event with Casey Trees on October 21, 2017, in Washington DC. Contact Dr. Zelia Worman (email@example.com) for more information.
Many of the other subcommittees (FARE, Career Development) are still recruiting members. The Career Development subcommittee started their events with a “Careers in Project Management” panel in September. Follow more of their activities through the events page of OITE (link above).
And of course, don’t forget about your own IC. We are welcoming new members to the NICHD Fellows Advisory Committee. The NICHD Retreat Planning Committee is also kicking off soon. Contact Dr. Yvette Pittman (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Download a PDF of this edition here:
- Letter from the Editor: October 2017
- A Medical Lesson in Observation and Diagnosis through Art
- Speaking about Science Workshop Recap—Infographic Style
- Applying for Academic Jobs: Lunchtime Workshop Recap
- The Rep Report: October 2017
- Scientific Retreat Image Competition Winner for 2017
- Congratulations to the 2017 NICHD Mentors of the Year
- Life Outside Lab: The 2017 Scientific Retreat
- October Announcements
- October Events