By Suna Gulay, PhD
We began the new fiscal year with two elections: Dr. Carlos Guardia of NICHD (Bonifacino Lab) and Dr. Ying Fu of NCI ran uncontested to become FARE Subcommittee co-chairs, while Dr. Choon Kiat Sim of NHGRI won the majority vote to become the Child Care Board Liaison (basic science). Congratulations!
We have more elections coming up soon, so apply today! Mention why you are interested in the position and any relevant experience in your email.
- Recreation and Welfare Committee Liaison (contact: email@example.com)
- Social Committee Co-Chair (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)
- Training Directors Committee Liaison (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)
- FelCom Basic Science Co-Chair (in December) (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Additional opportunities are available in the Visiting Fellows Committee (VFC) as advertised in their October meeting agenda:
- “Two new positions will be available soon in the VFC Social team. The mission will be to help organizing the current social events organized by VFC, in collaboration with Dario Marangoni and Subhasis Ray. It will include communications to the VFC list, prospection and negotiations with providers and participation to the monthly VFC meetings.” (contact: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “A new position will open soon in the Brown Bag seminar team, to help organizing bimonthly seminars, in collaboration with Randi Parks. It will include communications to the VFC list, prospection of speakers and participation to the monthly VFC meetings.” (contact: email@example.com)