By Suna Gulay, PhD
Your NIH-wide committee, FelCom, is coming up with creative ways to disseminate important information and social activity news:
- Please check out Bethesda Postdocs and DMV Postdocs to connect with your fellow trainees.
- Turning Fellow-L listserv into an “opt-out” system is in the works. This way, new postdocs will be automatically subscribed to the email list, and then have the chance to unsubscribe if they wish.
- Want to learn more about FelCom and its functions? Join us for our next meeting on March 7, 4 p.m., Building 1, Room 151.
The Fellows Award for Research Excellence (FARE) 2020 competition closes on March 13. Don’t miss your chance to win this prestigious, $1500 travel award.
The Foundation for Advanced Education in Science (FAES) Health and Wellness Fair will take place on March 29, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., in Building 10, FAES Terrace. Information on gym membership discounts, R&W classes, mindfulness meditation classes, and massage therapy will be available.
Mark your calendars for the 12th Annual NIH Career Symposium on May 10, 2019. Register for this and other OITE events at the Upcoming Events page.
Looking to add leadership and/or outreach experience to your resume? Want to serve your community while improving your soft skills? Here are a few opportunities for you:
- FelCom Social and Outreach Subcommittee (SOS) is looking for new members. Email co-chair Sarah Hawes with the subject line “SOS membership” if interested.
- The National Postdoctoral Association (NPA) currently has a few opportunities to get involved and help your fellow trainees nationwide. Contact FelCom’s NPA liaison Helena Fabryova to learn about these.
Have a happy and productive month!