“Nothing in science has any value to society if it is not communicated, and scientists are beginning to learn their social obligations.”
— Anne Roe, The Making of a Scientist (1953)
If you would like to improve your written communication while helping your NICHD colleagues, consider contributing to The NICHD Connection.
Call for 2020 Newsletter Contributors
The NICHD Connection is born of contributions from current and former NICHD fellows, and it wouldn’t be possible without you.
We have several writing opportunities for fellows in all stages of their careers:
- Event Recaps – Our event recaps provide short summaries of workshops and seminars—perfect for fellows who couldn’t attend.
- Hot Off the Press – These feature articles cover recent publications, allowing fellows to practice writing about complex topics for a general scientific audience.
- Interesting Opportunity – The first person narrative of this column gives fellows a first hand peek into various opportunities around campus and in our community. Consider sharing any interesting opportunities you’ve experienced.
- Life Outside Lab – Send us pictures of your life outside lab!
- The Arts – Once per year we focus on art in science. Interested in exploring the topic? Try writing a feature article for this annual issue!
- Thoughts of a Postbac – This column has served as an outlet for postbacs to share their thoughts about scientific training and future career opportunities.
- Your ideas – We’re always on the hunt for fun, interesting ideas to cover in the newsletter!
Please contact The NICHD Connection Editor, Dr. Shana Spindler, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.