Anshika Jain, PhD
FelCom welcomes the following newly elected committee liaisons:
- Animal Research Advisory Committee (ARAC) Liaison: Dr. Jessica Taubert, NIMH
- Women Scientist Advisors (WSA) Committee Liaison: Dr. Sara Young-Baird, NIGMS
All Career Development Subcommittee panels and Visiting Fellows Committee meetings are suspended until further notice.
Beginning Monday, March 23, the NIH Intramural Research Program was shifted towards minimizing the physical presence of staff in NIH laboratories, such that only mission-critical functions will be supported on campus. These measures were taken to ensure the safety of the NIH workforce, maintain mission-critical functions and avoid loss of resources—but purposefully is not intended to support initiation of new experimental programs. Also, please note that for ongoing animal experiments, staff will continue to care for animals, but no new animals should be ordered.
It was announced by the OITE that non-FTE, particularly trainees, are not eligible for the United States Public Health Service (USPHS) call for civilian deployments related to the on-going COVID-19 response.
The FAES subcommittee announced that all FAES offices are working remotely and all new enrollments, renewals, and terminations will be processed via email. FAES also lists the key features of the COVID-19 insurance coverage:
- FAES Insurance covers in-network telemedicine visits at 100% after a $15 copayment for primary care and a $25 copayment for specialist visits.
- Out-of-network telemedicine visits are covered at 70% after the out-of-network deductible.
- Please consult with your provider to find out if they are capable of telemedicine visits.
- Please note: Only telemedicine visits with the diagnosis for COVID-19 testing will be covered at 100% with no copayment, deductible or coinsurance.
- For any questions, please contact FAES Insurance at 301-496-8063 or email@example.com.
Stay safe, stay well, and wash your hands!
Did you know? NICHD has official social media accounts that you can follow! If you’d like to feature your scientific image, publication, or other content, feel free to contact Linda Huynh, Ph.D. in the NICHD Office of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/nichd_nih
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nichdgov
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nichd_nih
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/eunice-kennedy-shriver-national-institute-of-child-health-and-human-development-nichd
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NICHDVideos
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/NICHD_NIH
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nichd/albums
Download a PDF of this edition here:
- Letter from the Editor: May 2020
- Creating Optimism, Purpose, INtent and Goals: New COPING Series from The Office of Education
- The Pomodoro Technique: An Effective Time Management Tool
- Looking for Virtual Learning Opportunities?
- Clinical Corner: Clinical Fellowship During a Pandemic
- The Rep Report: May 2020
- May Announcements
- May Events