Have you thought about serving as an NICHD rep to Felcom? As my time as the basic science representative comes to an end, we are currently seeking a new representative. Please feel free to contact Dr. Erin Walsh (email@example.com) if you are interested in this leadership position!
FelCom welcomes the newly elected members
- Parinaz Fathi, NIBIB Representative
- Theresa Lee, NHLBI Representative
- Kat Daly, Graduate Student Council Liaison
Please contact Sara Yong-Baird (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in applying for the co-chair position on the FelCom mentoring sub-committee.
Good news for NIH fellows! Effective November 1, dental and vision will now be included in FAES medical benefits. The 2020/2021 benefits guide can be found at faes.org.
Dental coverage highlights include:
- 100% in-network coverage for preventive/diagnostic services
- 80% in-network coverage for basic care
- 50% in-network coverage for major restorative services
Vision coverage highlights include:
- Copay (in-network): $10 for in-network exam, $20 for eyewear
- $130 in-network frame allowance (once per year); $70 allowance at Costco/Walmart/Sam’s Club
- $20 in-network copay for eyeglass lenses
- $130 in-network allowance for elective contacts (100% covered if therapeutic)
Announcements from National Postdoc Association: The National Postdoc Association (NPA) is currently seeking dedicated individuals to serve as associate editors of The POSTDOCket, a monthly online newsletter covering news items and features of interest to the postdoctoral community and its stakeholders. The associate editors will work on a quarterly basis to prepare and review up to four articles for web publication. The associate editor will contact assigned authors and will edit content in the month that they work. Remember, all postdocs at NIH have free membership of NPA.
The Recreation and Welfare/Health and Wellness Committee encourages postdocs to join the Bethesda Postdoc Slack Page to engage in the wellness and virtual workout programs offered by the committee. Use the invite link to join with your non-NIH e-mail address. Here are some channels that may be of interest:
- Wellness-destress: share strategies and experiences dealing with stress.
- Wellness-getting-active: talk about at-home fitness routines and schedule some virtual workout classes. Virtual workout classes on this channel include yoga, core, and strength classes.
- Beth-pd-running-club: receive information about the Bethesda Postdocs Running Club.
- Community-science-and-networking: check in and network with your fellow postdocs! Need volunteers for an event? Looking for information? Etc.
- Housing, general, and other channels too!
If you have any questions, please contact the FelCom R&W Liaison: email@example.com.
Stay tuned for more information from the FelCom committee in next month’s newsletter.
Stay well, stay safe, everyone!