FelCom is recruiting! Please submit a statement of interest to both FelCom Co-Chairs, Vasty Osei Amponsa (email@example.com) and Marja Brolinson (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you are interested in running for one of the following positions:
- Career Development Committee Co-Chair (one position)
- For more information, please contact Idalia Yabe (email@example.com).
- Social Committee Co-Chair (one position)
- For more information, please contact Nick Madian (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Antony Yerabham (email@example.com).
- NIH Child Care Board FelCom Co-Liaison (one position)
- For more information, please contact Sila Ataca (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Recreation and Welfare Committee & Health and Wellness Council Liaison (one position)
- For more information, please contact Manami Bhattacharya (email@example.com).
The Career Development Committee and the Division of Occupational Health and Safety (DOHS) are jointly organizing a panel on “Careers in Biosafety” for trainees from all career stages. Preceding the panel, the Director of DOHS will talk about numerous underrecognized career options in Biosafety and Biosafety fellowships. The committee is planning to host this event in late January. Stay tuned for the date and time!
The Fellows Safety Committee is working with DOHS to put on a special laboratory ergonomic session hosted by William Barnett, Safety and Health Specialist, Office of the Director, NIH, so stay tuned for future meetings! The committee is also looking for members to join. If interested, please contact Anna SantaMaria (firstname.lastname@example.org). Join the Fellows Safety Committee Listserv at: FELLOW-SAFETY-COMM@LIST.NIH.GOV.
The Service and Outreach Subcommittee shared volunteering opportunities in Montgomery County, MD:
- Individual opportunity: dog walkers are urgently needed at the Montgomery County Animal Services & Adoption Center in Derwood, MD.
- More volunteering opportunities can be found in this database.
National Postdoctoral Association (NPA)
- All NIH postdocs/fellows get NPA affiliate individual memberships for FREE! Join now!
- There are 28,500 jobs on the NPA Career Center. Upload your resume/CV for FREE!
- Introducing NPA SmartSkills: SmartSkills is a free, virtual course for postdocs who are members of the NPA. Monthly classes are taught by experts and focus on building skills critical to career and personal success.
- Upcoming events hosted by NPA: The 2023 NPA annual conference is scheduled in person (April 21–23, 2023) and virtual (May 11 & 12, 2023). Find more information here.
The Epidemiology and Behavioral Science Teams Group is calling all NIH Epi and Behavioral Science trainees to join their Teams Group to collaborate with other fellows, ask methods questions, and network with folks doing similar research. For any questions, reach out to postdoctoral fellows Jessica Fernandez (email@example.com) or Jennifer Woo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Did you know that there are several ways to stay informed on postdoc activities and events?
- The Fellows listserv is the main source for FelCom event advertisements, and visiting fellows can also sign up for the Visiting Fellows listserv.
- There is an NIH postdoc Slack channel to connect with other postdocs and join social events (sign up with a non-NIH email).