NIH Training Requirements
NICHD follows the policy set by NIH OHSRP (see SOP25 v1 5-31-13_508.pdf). Training records, requirements and access to required courses may be found at the OHSRP website: https://federation.nih.gov/ohsr/nih/investigator-training.php.
Other "just-in-time" courses through CITI are optional unless specifically requested by the IRB. PIs may elect to require their research staff to take specific "just-in-time" CITI courses when relevant to the content of their research.
Additional helpful documents:
- A FEW ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE ABOUT TRAINING (2).doc
- Roles and Qualifications of Investigators related to SOP 19.doc
Additional Training required for NICHD PI’s and AI’s:
.As part of the continuing education program for NICHD clinical investigators, review of the following:
- SOP 16: Unanticipated Problems: https://ohsr.od.nih.gov/pnppublic.php
- SOP 14 D: Research involving Children: https://ohsr.od.nih.gov/pnppublic.php
- FDA Sponsor and Investigator Checklist (Optional)
- FDA Guidance for Safety Reporting (Optional)
Please send the documentation of this review to Donna Peterson (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the OCD office by emailing the following: "I reviewed the information contained in the (state the name of the educational reading/power point) on (enter date), and I understand the implications for my clinical research activity. I have retained an electronic or hard copy for my records."