The core's goal is to help researchers of any expertise perform zebrafish experiments aimed at illuminating basic biology and human disease mechanisms, thereby advancing the NIH and NICHD 's research missions. A typical research question might investigate the function or regulation of a zebrafish gene and/or its ortholog from humans or another species. We are also happy to offer consultation for any other zebrafish-related projects you may be considering.
- Hong SK, Jang MK, Brown JL, McBride AA, Feldman B. Embryonic mesoderm and endoderm induction requires the actions of non-embryonic Nodal-related ligands and Mxtx2. Development. 2011 Feb;138(4):787-95. PMID: 21266414
- Pei W, Kratz LE, Bernardini I, Sood R, Yokogawa T, Dorward H, Ciccone C, Kelley RI, Anikster Y, Burgess HA, Huizing M, Feldman B. A model of Costeff Syndrome reveals metabolic and protective functions of mitochondrial OPA3. Development. 2010 Aug 1;137(15):2587-96. PMID: 20627962
- Hong SK, Levin CS, Brown JL, Wan H, Sherman BT, Huang da W, Lempicki RA, Feldman B. Pre-gastrula expression of zebrafish extraembryonic genes. BMC Dev Biol. 2010 Apr 27;10:42. PMID: 20423468
- Roessler E, Pei W, Ouspenskaia MV, Karkera JD, Veléz JI, Banerjee-Basu S, Gibney G, Lupo PJ, Mitchell LE, Towbin JA, Bowers P, Belmont JW, Goldmuntz E, Baxevanis AD, Feldman B, Muenke M. Cumulative ligand activity of NODAL mutations and modifiers are linked to human heart defects and holoprosencephaly. Mol Genet Metab. 2009 Sep-Oct;98(1-2):225-34. Epub 2009 May 27. PMID: 19553149
- Pei W, Feldman B. Identification of common and unique modifiers of zebrafish midline bifurcation and cyclopia. Dev Biol. 2009 Feb 1;326(1):201-11. Epub 2008 Nov 19. PMID: 19046963