The RAMB provides consultation and valuable assistance to NICHD investigators.
Investigators must meet certain criteria prior to beginning any animal based research at the NIH. These include completion of an approved training course, registration with the Animal Exposure Program, obtaining approval from the NICHD Animal Care and Use Committee for proposed studies, animal procurement, and instruction in special animal facility operating procedures. Information on these requirements, as well as other useful information, is available below:
Please login with your NIH credentials to view the following pages. Contact Nichole Swan for support.
- Training Courses
- Animal Exposure Program (AEP)
- NICHD Animal Care and Use Committee (ACUC)
- Animal Research Advisory Committee (ARAC) guidelines
- NIH Policy Manuals regulating the use of animals in research
- Guidelines for Procurement and Importation of Research Animals
- Special Animal Facility Operating Procedures
- NICHD Animal Holding Space
- Routine and Emergency Veterinary Care
- Outside Inquiries Into Your Animal Research
- Useful forms
- Building 6B Shared Animal Facility