Bldg. 49, Rm. 6C80
- University of Virginia (U.Va.), Charlottesville, VA B.A. in Economics, May 2011 GPA:3.44 Honors: Dean's List
- The Landon School, Bethesda, MD 2003-2007, Graduated 2007, Cum Laude
- Medical Oncology and Hematology Associates of Northern Virginia, Reston, VA. Summers 2004-2009 Medical Assistant and Lab Technician;
Worked as a medical assistant taking vital signs, drawing blood, giving injections and completing basic patient assessments. Worked as lab assistant analyzing blood samples through various lab tests including blood smears, CBC's, and PT/INR's.
- University of Virginia Neurology and Microbiology Laboratory, U.Va. January 2010-May 2011 Researcher
Researched novel Glioblastoma therapies using Micro-RNA's and Tetracycline inducible systems.
- National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD July 2011-Present
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Section on Cellular Neurobiology, IRTA Fellow
Currently researching Carboxypeptidase E and its effects on the Wnt signal transduction pathway.
- Kofman A, Marcinkiewicz L, Dupart E, Lyshchev A, Martynov B, Ryndin A, Kotelevskaya E, Brown J, Schiff D, Abounader R. The roles of viruses in brain tumor initiation and oncomodulation. J Neurooncol. 2011 Jul 1. Epub ahead of print
Interests & Skills
Sporting clays, golf, tennis, music.
Trained in many laboratory techniques including cell culturing, western blotting, DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, etc