Bldg. 49, Rm. 6C80
Ph.D. Biochemistry/Immunology, University of Madras, INDIA 2004-2010M.
Sc. Biochemistry, University of Madras, INDIA 2000-2002B.
Sc. Biochemistry, University of Madras, INDIA 1997-2000
Post-Doctoral Fellow 2011-2013
Role of Carboxypeptidase-Wild Type (CPE-WT) and CPE-ΔN in Neurodevelopment
Mentor: Dr Peng Loh, Senior Investigator, Section of Cellular Neurobiology, NICHD-NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892
Currently working on identifying the role of Carboxypetidase E (a classical proneuropeptides sorting enzyme) and its isoform CPE-ΔN in embryonic development.
Ph.D. Student 2004-2010
Studies on plasma vitamin D3 level and the modulatory effect of vitamin D3 on vitamin D receptor expression, matrix metalloproteinase production and intracellular cytokine positive T cell subsets in pulmonary tuberculosis
Mentor: Dr Selvaraj Paramasivam, Deputy Director, Department of Immunology, TB Research Centre, Chennai, INDIA 600 031
Interferon gamma gene +874A/T polymorphism and intracellular Interferon gamma expression in pulmonary tuberculosis. Prabhu Anand S, Harishankar M, Selvaraj P. Cytokine. 2010; 49(2): 130-3.
Effect of 1, 25 dihydroxyvitamin D(3) on matrix metalloproteinases MMP-7, MMP-9 and the inhibitor TIMP-1 in pulmonary tuberculosis. Anand SP and Selvaraj P. Clinical Immunology. 2009; 133: 126-131.
Plasma 1,25 dihydroxy vitamin D3 level and expression of vitamin d receptor and cathelicidin in pulmonary tuberculosis. Selvaraj P, Prabhu Anand S, Harishankar M, Alagarasu K. J Clin Immunol. 2009; 29(4):470-8.
Effect of 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin D3 on intracellular IFN-gamma and TNF-alpha positive T cell subsets in pulmonary tuberculosis. Prabhu Anand S, Selvaraj P, Narayanan PR. Cytokine. 2009; 45(2):105-10.
Regulatory role of promoter and 3' UTR variants of vitamin D receptor gene on cytokine response in pulmonary tuberculosis. Selvaraj P,Vidyarani M, Alagarasu K, Prabhu Anand S, Narayanan PR. J Clin Immunol. 2008; 28(4):306-13.
Interleukin-12B & interleukin-10 gene polymorphisms in pulmonary tuberculosis. Prabhu Anand S, Selvaraj P, Jawahar MS, Adhilakshmi AR, Narayanan PR. Indian J Med Res. 2007; 126(2):135-8.
Promoter polymorphism of IL-18 gene in pulmonary tuberculosis in South Indian population. Harishankar M, Selvaraj P, Rajeswari DN, Anand SP, Narayanan PR. Int J Immunogenet. 2007; 34(5):317-20.
Interferon gamma (IFNgamma) & interleukin-4 (IL-4) gene variants & cytokine levels in pulmonary tuberculosis. Vidyarani M, Selvaraj P, Prabhu Anand S, Jawahar MS, Adhilakshmi AR, Narayanan PR. Indian J Med Res. 2006; 124(4):403-10.
Promoter polymorphism of IL-8 gene and IL-8 production in pulmonary tuberculosis. Selvaraj P, Prabhu Anand S, Jawahar MS, Chandra G, Banurekha B, Narayanan PR. Current science. 2006; 90(7): 952-954.
Prabhu Anand S and Selvaraj P. Vitamin D and immunity to Tuberculosis. In. Stephanie R. Malone, editor. Vitamin D: Nutrition, Side Effects and Symptoms. New York: Nova Science Publishers; 2009. ISBN: 978-61728-601-
• Immunomodulatory effect of 1,25 dihydroxy vitamin D3 on T cell subsetsexpressing IFN-γ and TNF-α. Poster presentation in the 34th Annual conference of Indian Immunological Society held in Pune from 16-18, Dec 2007.
• Promoter polymorphism in IFN-γ gene (+874 A/T) and IFN-γ levels in pulmonary tuberculosis. Poster presented in 32nd Annual conference of Indian Immunology Society held in Chandigarh from 25-27 Nov 2006.
• Promoter polymorphism of IL-8 gene and IL-8 production in pulmonarytuberculosis. Paper presented in 2nd Annual conference of Indian Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics held in New Delhi from 17-19 Feb 2005.
• Cell culture, peripheral mononuclear cell isolation, neutrophil isolation, cell banking and maintenance, Infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Macrophage culture.
• Conventional PCR, Real time-PCR, PCR - RFLP, Allele specific PCR, PCR-SSOP.• ELISA, Cell proliferation assays, Flow cytometric assays, and Columnchromatography.
• Plasmid isolation, gene cloning, protein quantification, Western blot, SDS-PAGE.• Handling and maintaining of laboratory animals (rats and mice).
• Microsoft office programs, Cell Quest Pro and SoftMax prosoftwares, Statistical softwares (SPSS and GraphPad Prism) and Reference managers.
AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS
• Council of Scientific and Industrial Research - University Grants Commission, National eligibility test (CSIR-UGC (NET)) for lectureship
• Junior Research fellowship from CSIR (July 2004 -July 2006)
• Senior Research fellowship from CSIR (July 2006- July 2009)