We are happy to welcome new fellows to the NICHD family. If you arrived recently to the NICHD and would like us to introduce you in our quarterly “Meet Our New Fellows” column, please contact our editor, Dr. Shana Spindler, at Shana.Spindler@gmail.com.
Hometown: Kirnahar, West Bengal, India
PhD institution: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali, India
NICHD mentor: Dr. Juan Bonifacino
Area of research: I am interested to know how polarization takes place in neurons in light of membrane trafficking.
Hometown: Prior Lake, Minnesota
Undergraduate institution: University of Wisconsin, Madison
NICHD mentor: Dr. Amir Gandjbakche
Area of research: My research uses functional near-infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS) to discover more about the motor system in individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder, under the direction of Dr. Amir Gandjbakche, in the Section on Analytical and Functional Biophotonics.
Download a PDF of this edition here:
- Letter from the Editor: March 2019
- Former Fellow Follow-up with Dr. Kate Monzo, Teaching Fellow and Biology Lecturer
- Postbac Course Recap: Pursuing a Career in Family Medicine
- Build Your Professional Brand on LinkedIn with Kelly Leonard
- The Rep Report: March 2019
- Meet Our New Fellows
- Upcoming NIH-Wide Office of Intramural Training and Education (OITE) Events
- March Announcements
- March Events