As the current NICHD Basic Sciences Institutes and Centers (IC) Representative, I represent NICHD postdoctoral fellows at the Fellows Committee (FelCom) meeting every month and share the latest news with you here. Do you have a concern or question that you want brought up at the next meeting? Contact me at email@example.com!
The Outreach Liaison announced opportunities for fellows to share their work with the greater NIH community:
- Research fellows and postdocs can have their research profiled on the “I Am Intramural”
- Postbacs, graduate students, postdocs, and research fellows can share their research in a simple and engaging way as part of a series of short videos called “SciBites.”
If you are interested in these opportunities, please reach out to Alison Jane Martingano (firstname.lastname@example.org).
OITE recently posted their fall workshop schedule, which includes many opportunities for career development and wellness activities. These include:
- Workshops on preparing for academic and industry jobs
- Career planning and job search strategies
- Diversity and inclusion seminars
- The “Becoming a Resilient Scientist” series
Register for these workshops on the OITE events page.
Several FelCom subcommittees are looking for additional members. These include:
- Health and Recreation Subcommittee (email@example.com)
- Service and Outreach Subcommittee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Social Committee (email@example.com)
- Visiting Fellows Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
Please reach out to the respective FelCom committee chairs listed above if you are interested in joining.
Download a PDF of this edition here: